"DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP;
I AM NOT THERE. I DO NOT SLEEP.
I AM A THOUSAND WINDS THAT BLOW.
I AM THE DIAMOND GLINTS IN THE SNOW.
I AM THE SUNLIGHT ON RIPENED GRAIN.
I AM THE GENTLE AUTUMN RAIN.
WHEN YOU AWAKEN IN THE MORNING'S HUSH
I AM THE SWIFT UPLIFTING RUSH
OF QUIET BIRDS IN CIRCLED FLIGHT.
I AM THE SOFT STARS THAT SHINE AT NIGHT.
DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND CRY;
I AM NOT HERE. I DID NOT DIE."
This poem has been going through my head for the past day or so and i don't really know why. I guess through all the highs and lows through my life and especially lately has just made me think a lot. life can be so shitty one day but be amazing the next or in some cases even hour to hour, the littlest thing can set it off. i feel that most of us take each day for granted (me included) but each day is a gift from God and we should live each day as our last. we all need to focus on what is important an that is to love and care for those around us because you never want someone to have a bad memory of you when you are gone. treat each person as you would want to be treated, treat each person with respect and dignity.
Being a sophomore in college has really changed my perspective on life. i realized that its time to figure out what i really want to do with my life and that its time to figure out goals to set for myself and start a plan to achieve those goals.. you also start to realize who your true friends are and you start to push out the ones that are not a positive influence in your life and who will not help you lead the life that you strive for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment